Basic Information on the DFA ePayment Portal
What is the DFA ePayment Portal?
The DFA ePayment Portal is an upgrade to the Online Appointment System that enables passport applicants to pay their passport processing fees through selected payment centers nationwide and eventually through the use of credit and debit cards, or through over-the-counter cash transactions in selected banks.
When will the DFA ePayment Portal be launched?
- ASEANA: First week of June 2018
- NCR: on or before the first week of July 2018
- Nationwide: on or before the first week of August 2018
How does the DFA ePayment Portal work?Those who are renewing or applying for Philippine ePassports will now be required to prepay the passport processing fees using the DFA ePayment Portal as part of the Online Appointment System. The following steps are to be taken:
- Visit PASSPORT.GOV.PH and SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT.
- Read all the reminders carefully before agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the Online Appointment System.
- Choose a DFA Consular Office where you wish to apply for or renew your passport.
- Pick the date and time when you wish to apply for or renew your passport.
- Fill out all the required fields by providing the information being asked.
- Carefully review all the details of your application before clicking SUBMIT.
- Choose your desired passport processing type (expedited or regular processing) before clicking PROCEED TO PAYMENT.
- Take note of the reference number that will be emailed to you.
- Proceed to your preferred Payment Center to pay the passport processing fee.
- Present your reference number at the Payment Center upon payment of the passport processing fee.
- One reference number corresponds to one transaction. If you are paying for multiple reference numbers, you need to pay separately for each reference number.
- Keep the receipt that will be issued to you.
- A confirmed appointment packet will be sent to your email once the payment has been successfully processed. Click the link to your passport appointment packet and PRINT OUT the following contents that you need to bring with you during your scheduled appointment:
- Checklist with your indicated schedule
- Confirmed Application Form with the bar code, appointment reference number (ARN), and eReceipt number
- Two (2) copies of the eRECEIPT
- Personally show up at the DFA Consular Office on the date and time indicated in your appointment and make sure to bring a printed copy of your confirmed passport appointment packet and other required documents and IDs.
Is the payment reference number specifically assigned to one (1) payment center?No, a reference number is universal to all payment centers so you can conveniently pay at any of the authorized payment centers.
Can I use my payment reference number more than once?No, a reference number can only be used once.
Where can passport applicants pay their passport processing fees?Applicants can pay the passport processing fee through any of the following Payment Centers:
- Bayad Center
- Pera Hub
- Robinson’s Business Center and Department Stores
- Waltermart Department Store
- USCC (Western Union)
- Villarica Pawnshop
- Other Payment Centers as well as the credit/debit card payment facility will be made available soon.
How much do applicants have to pay for?Passports applicants will need to pay PHP 1,200.00 for expedited processing and PHP 950.00 for regular processing. A PHP 50.00 convenience fee is charged by authorized Payment Centers on top of the processing fees.
Can the convenience fee and passport processing fee be refunded in case the applicant fails to show up during his/her scheduled appointment?No, a refund cannot be processed.
How do I get in touch with DFA in case I have questions or concerns about the ePayment Portal?You can contact us through our help desk:
(02) 234 3488
What are the benefits of the DFA ePayment Portal?It’s convenient.
- Applicants can pay their passport processing fees anytime at any participating payment center and eventually online through their credit/debit cards.
- By eliminating one step to undergo at the DFA Consular Office, applicants will be able to significantly save time.
- Applicants have to observe their appointments lest they forfeit their passport processing fee and convenience fee.
- By significantly cutting down the processing time, DFA consular offices will be able to accommodate more applicants with the same amount of available resources.
- Payment of the passport processing fee is a prerequisite before an applicant will be able to receive a confirmed appointment schedule. An applicant’s confirmed appointment schedule is non-transferrable.